Grade 9, 10 & 11 - L.E.A.P. Scholarships for Girls
McMaster University is dedicated to inspiring young women to change our world by pursuing the field of engineering and is therefore constantly working to increase female enrollment. We reach out to and engage girls through our Youth Programs and special events such as Go ENG Girl, Go CODE Girl and Girls Conference. Our female faculty, undergraduate and graduate instructors aim to introduce young women to their full potential. Our Instructors' goal is to show you how collaborative and creative engineering can be and that we really can change the world, one girl at a time.
The deadline to apply is Thursday, March 24, 2016 by 4:00 p.m- Now Closed-
Girls entering grades 9, 10 and 11 in September 2016, who have a keen interest in learning how things work, and how engineering and science affect everyday life.
Term of Scholarship:
Session 3 (August 2-12, 2016).
Value of Scholarship:
Learning Enrichment Advancement Program (L.E.A.P.) is offering a full scholarship, valued at $625.00
At L.E.A.P., our curriculum encourages the development of critical thinking and problem solving skills through labs, lectures, projects and fun education-based activities. You will be given the opportunity to work in McMaster University labs and tour facilities that few people have seen before. You will learn about exciting career paths available to engineers and your time at L.E.A.P. will give you a much better idea of the importance of engineering in our society.
*Please Note: Only one scholarship per applicant will be awarded.
1. Open the Application Form -Now Closed-
2. Print out and complete in ink OR save the form as a PDF and complete electronically.
3. Read carefully and fill out the form entirely.
4. Obtain a copy of your latest grade transcript.
5. Send your completed application and a copy of your latest grade transcript as a PDF by email to email@example.com OR send by fax to (905) 546-5492.
6. The deadline to apply is Thursday, March 24, 2016 by 4:00 p.m.
Please note: Online registrations will not accept scholarship requests. Please do not register online if you are applying for a scholarship.